Community members apply for the Bio-IT Outreach & Travel Fellowship by completing a survey. The survey is managed via Bio-IT’s SurveyMonkey account, with email notifications sent to alert us every time a response is received.
Each application should be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Is there sufficient unused funding allocated to the Fellowship to cover the application?
- Has the applicant actively contributed to the Bio-IT Project in the last year?
- this could be via teaching, developing/maintaining a resource for the community, helping run an event, writing a blogpost, answering questions online, or anything else that’s benefitted the community
- Is the activity for which they are requesting financial support relevant to the mission of the Bio-IT Project?
- Will the activity for which they are requesting financial support benefit the applicant and the wider community?
- Has the applicant already received funding up to the annual limit for the year?