- What? Well, a shared calendar 📆.
- Who? From Bio-IT, for you EMBLites 💚.
- When? All year long, update in real-time ⌚.
- Where? Online 💻 or on site 🏢, wherever something is happening.
- Why? Here’s why:
The Bio-IT calendar
The Bio-IT calendar lists courses, events, and activities
open to all EMBL members. You can simply consult it there or add it to your EMBL calendar.
This is a friendly calendar of things you may want to do - not of things you have to do, of opportunities to interact
with EMBL researchers and learn new skills. It is designed to make your life easier: you could miss interesting events
from the newsletters and time zones can be confusing, even more in these remote working times.
Please login using your EMBL email address and note that some events may require registration.
The Bio-IT calendar content is not only “computational”! There are instead three different types of events, that you can
choose to import/visualize independently:
- Research Skills & Discussion - training and round table events relating to research and scientific skills
- Professional Skills - general training and development opportunities for everyone
- Complementary Scientific/Career Skills - non-technical training & career development for scientists
You can choose your personal calendar flavour! All events include an extensive title and the link and password to join
the event, if online. If you would like to add an event to this calendar, please contact Bio-IT.
You may also be interested in our list of online learning resources for
computational research and bioinformatics, compiled based on recommendations from members of the Bio-IT community. Also
in this case, if you would like to contribute to the list please contact us!
Would you like to know how you can join our welcoming, enthusiastic group? Then check
this link, or maybe just consult the calendar for the next
drop-in session to say hi!